- To obtain a Duplicate title your title must be lost, stolen or destroyed.
- An out of state vehicle must have a physical inspection of the identification number (VIN) performed by an inspection station.
- Never make alterations, erasure or use white-out on a title, if this is done the title becomes null and void. A replacement title may be applied for in any county title office.
- Do not fill any part of the assignment or application unless you are in front of a notary.
- When assigning a vehicle over to a new buyer, make sure you use their full legal name (no nicknames), address and exact mileage. (DO NOT CHECK NON-ACTUAL OR EXCEED UNLESS IT APPLIES).
- Your certificate of title must e processed within 20 days after date of sale. If not, you will be assessed a $5.00 late fee.
- No person can sign for someone else without a signed and notarized power of attorney.
- A salvage title is issued when an insurance company declares the vehicle a total loss or the vehicle is impractical to fix. The owner may purchase the vehicle back. The vehicle cannot be driven until inspected by salvage inspection facility locations.
- You must bring a current photo DL/state ID or current passport.
Monday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
318 Portland Street
PO Box 28
Celina, OH 45822-0028
The Title Division, 318 Portland Street, is on the west side of Celina just north of Logan Street and is located beside the License Bureau.